[uf-discuss] Puzzled about the value of XOXO

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Thu Feb 8 11:51:44 PST 2007

Hi Roger,

The point of XOXO is that you can trivially encode arrays and
dictionaries in straight HTML.  In particular, you can use it as an
alternative to, e.g., JSON, for generic data structures:

http://microformats.org/wiki/rest/datatypes

Somebody's even written a whole blog about such uses:

http://blogxoxo.blogspot.com/

Sure, the fact that something is a list may seem like a trivial
semantic to you, but it is quite powerful in the right context.

Hope this helps,
-- Ernie P.