[uf-discuss] Rel-tag issues - need to pass session id in url for mobile site

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 03:07:44 PST 2007

On 2/13/07, Michael MD <mdagn at spraci.com> wrote:
> I've got another problem here... I want to use my own tagspace but can't use
> it on the mobile version of the site (mobile xhtml) because I need to pass
> session ids in the urls.
> (a lot of phone browsers don't do cookies)
> I don't want people getting logged out just because they went to a tag url!

you can still pass parameters to a Tagspace,
/tags/foobar?CID=1234&login=true&session=12345

the tag is still just 'foobar'

Query strings and anchors are ignored in context of the TAG and
TAGSPACE, but are still part of the URL. They are valid links and
valid rel-tag URLs. This shouldn't be a problem.

-brian

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk