[uf-discuss] Microformats and Football

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 14:02:28 PST 2007

On 13/02/07, Danilo Medeiros <danilo at digitalminds.com.br> wrote:

> interesting to use hcard for player information. I find the hcard
> microformat closely tied to the semantic concept of "contacts" rather than
> "persons", if you will. When I think about what information should be
> presented about a player it is clear to me that there is no need for the
> majority of the fields that are part of the specification
> Should or could I just extend the format by creating new fields and
> subtypes? I wonder what would the elegant solution be.

Well, have a think about what those extra fields are first - they
might be in hCard already, but under used.  It's true that hCard is
geared up to be a fully fledged contact card, but the minimal, only
required field, is only ever "fn", so it's really quite light if you
choose it to be.

--
Frances Berriman
http://fberriman.com