[uf-discuss] WebCards 0.3

andy at whymicroformats.com andy at whymicroformats.com
Fri Feb 16 07:42:08 PST 2007

Hi all,

A little later than promised (seemingly, complete UI rewrites take longer
than expected...), but the very first beta of WebCards is up (and that's
beta in the traditional sense of the word!).

http://webcards.whymicroformats.com

It's prone to an issue or two; but broadly stable. (see
http://www.whymicroformats.com/articles/2007/02/16/webcards-0-30).

As for Operator... Michael & I are collaborating. What we want to do is
create a solid core (Parser, Actions, Creator, etc.) an open source it. Then
build our experimental UIs on top (and welcome anyone elses). We're still
pending the lawyers on this one though.
Chances are, if you don't like one, you'll like the other.
There's more on that collaboration at
http://www.whymicroformats.com/articles/2007/02/16/webcards-operator

For the future... there's lots in store.
The Creator is going to go back in, the Actions architecture will be unified
for both WebCards & Operator, a few debug tools and more behind the scenes.
Not to mention bug fixes - probably lots of those.

Feedback is very much welcomed (andy at whymicroformats.com); and I will be at
Barcamp London (hopefully) tomorrow. If it annoys you, you can savage me
then...

Thanks,
Andy