[uf-discuss] Planet microformats (Was: Plant Microformats)

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Mon Feb 19 13:17:14 PST 2007

On Feb 19, 2007, at 1:13 PM, Brian Suda wrote:

> While at BarCampLondon2 this weekend i registered and launched "Planet
> Microformats"
>
> http://planetmicroformats.com/
>
> At the moment it is just an aggregation of several other sites based
> on microformats. Any and all feedback is welcome. It is pretty crude
> at the moment, but in the style of microformats it is better to get
> something out and itterate on it rather than try to get it perfect the
> first time.
>
> If anyone has other resources they would like to see on the site,
> please let me know.

Good idea.  Personally, I think I'd find it more useful if it were
more like the other planet sites I've used, which tend to pull from
individual sources rather than aggregators.  The signal:noise ratio
is just too low to actually read everything tagged "microformats" on
any of the aggregator sites.  I'd say keep microformats.org, lose
everything else, and add some of the individual sources discovered
through the aggregators.

Peace,
Scott