[uf-discuss] OpenID

John Panzer panzerjohn at aol.com
Tue Feb 20 14:01:17 PST 2007

Thom Shannon wrote:
  > Hi,
  >
  > Forgive me if this is going over old ground, I just joined this list and
  > couldn't find what I was looking for on the wiki. Are there any
  > particular conventions emerging for embedding an OpenID into a hCard?
  > The openid-brainstorming page mentions using hCard on providers profile
  > pages etc, but I was thinking there should be a way to have your OpenID
  > on other profiles that can easily be consumed, allowing someone to see
  > you on social network A and add you on their social network B based on
  > you using the same OpenID.
  >
  > I'm guessing it would be as simple as <a class="url fn openid"
  > href="http://ts0.com">? Just wanted to know what others are doing.

I actually have the same question.  At the moment we're doing this:

url"href="http://journals.aol.com/panzerjohn"
target="_blank">panzerjohn</a></span>

where http://journals.aol.com/panzerjohn is an OpenID URL (or will be
shortly).  A live example is at
http://beta.journals.aol.com/panzerjohn/abstractioneer.

I had been thinking it might be useful to be explicit about the fact
that the target is not just a url, but also an openid.  If people think
that's a good idea I can add it in to our code.

-John