[uf-discuss] OpenID

John Panzer jpanzer at aol.net
Tue Feb 20 16:56:48 PST 2007

Scott Reynen wrote:
> On Feb 20, 2007, at 3:24 PM, Thom Shannon wrote:
>
>> Forgive me if this is going over old ground, I just joined this list and
>> couldn't find what I was looking for on the wiki. Are there any
>> particular conventions emerging for embedding an OpenID into a hCard?
>> The openid-brainstorming page mentions using hCard on providers profile
>> pages etc, but I was thinking there should be a way to have your OpenID
>> on other profiles that can easily be consumed, allowing someone to see
>> you on social network A and add you on their social network B based on
>> you using the same OpenID.
>>
>> I'm guessing it would be as simple as <a class="url fn openid"
>> href="http://ts0.com">? Just wanted to know what others are doing.
>
> I think that looks a lot like what Ryan King recently suggested for
> UID+URL.  It's not in the wiki yet, but you should be able to find it
> by searching the email archives for "UID+URL".
Is UID intended to be more general than indicating "more authoritative
hCard"?  Or do you mean that the overall concept is similar, not
necessarily that rel="uid url" is a solution?  I'm thinking here of
cases where the target may be an OpenID, but not necessarily provide an
hCard.  An example of this might be href="xri://=john.panzer"[1].

-John

[1] See http://www.equalsdrummond.name/?p=39 for analogous usages.