[uf-discuss] What is a defanged-span ?

Thom Shannon thom at ts0.com
Wed Feb 21 09:37:02 PST 2007

I believe it's using a tool that attempts to disable any tags it doesn't
recognise, possibly something like Anomy Sanitizer. Try using different
tags, as long as you have the class names you can use any tag, doesnt
have to be span. See if there are more suitable semantic elements you
can use, spans and divs should always be a last resort.