[uf-discuss] 'wiki' management, uF style

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Jan 3 16:04:38 PST 2007

In message <C1C18139.843F4%tantek at cs.stanford.edu>, Tantek Çelik
<tantek at cs.stanford.edu> writes

>On 1/3/07 3:38 PM, "Andy Mabbett" <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> In message <C1C178C1.843DB%tantek at cs.stanford.edu>, Tantek Çelik
>> <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> writes

>>>Tantek is an editor of the spec (hCard) as noted, Andy is not.
>>
>> Editor: one ho edits (and, ona Wiki, one who uses the "edit" button. Or
>> are we not speaking the same language?
>
>See hCard specification[1], the "Editor", right there at the top.

If you wish a word to have meaning other than that usually used, its
wise to say so when you use it.

>>> This is your second meta-discussion email you have sent after being
>>> requested to stop doing so.
>>
>> I have received no such request.
>
>You have, in email, publicly, on this list received a request.
>
><http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2007-January/0079
>83.html>

I repeat: at the time I wrote the above, I had *received* no such
request.

(I have since received, and replied to, it.)

>>> I recommend you voluntarily refrain from emailing microformats lists for 24
>>> hours at this point.  One more meta-discussion email from you after you have
>>> been asked to stop will be grounds for banning from the lists.
>>
>> "Voluntary refraining" under threat of a ban is not voluntary - or are
>> we not speaking the same language?
>
>I asked you to voluntarily refrain from *any* emailing the microformats
>lists for 24 hours.

I note your request and reject it.

>The threat of a ban is for continuing to send *meta-discussion* emails, as
>you have.

You would deny me the right to refute your allegations and state my
defence?

My "request", do you mean "instruction"? Again, if you wish a word to
have meaning other than that usually used, its wise to say so when you
use it.

>That is, I suggested you take a break in general, though if you
>wanted to you could proceed by limiting yourself to on-topic, substantiative
>emails that actually are about improving microformats.

Every single one of my e-mails to this list has that as its aim.

I shall cease posting shortly, but only because I am going to bed.

--
Andy Mabbett
            *  Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>