[uf-discuss] Inline style conflict?

Jonathan C Williams jonathan.williams at nyu.edu
Fri Jan 12 15:57:43 PST 2007

On Jan 12, 2007, at 6:04 PM, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> Note that the former diff also includes the addition of the text:
>
>         Entries may be moved here if there's a problem with the way
>         hCards are used on the page concerned. If the page is
> yours, and
>         you want to improve it, see the hCard FAQ, or raise any
> queries
>         on hCard Issues or the mailing list, where people will be
> happy
>         to help you.
>
> while part of the latter edit's summary is teh (necessarily brief):
>
>         read hcard-example1-steps notes

The issue wasn't about DRY; it was about simply hiding an adr section
in the hCard. I was unable to find a reference to hiding field being
considered "bad", nor was the topic broached when I pointed this out.
I'll ask again:

**Why** is it considered harmful to hide elements?

--
Jonathan Williams
NYU Steinhardt
jonathan.williams at nyu.edu