[uf-discuss] Microformats and Wikis

Ciaran McNulty mail at ciaranmcnulty.com
Tue Jan 16 01:18:35 PST 2007

On 1/16/07, Scott Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com> wrote:
> hCard has only one required property: fn.  I think that should solve
> your problem, unless you're collecting contact data without names.

I believe n is also required, or rather if it's omitted you're having
to assume that the implied-n optimisation will be appropriate for the
user input.

I came across this myself in an application where we had a single
input for 'name'.  If you just output <span class="fn">$foo</span>
then if the user has entered something like Sir Michael the implied-n
optimisation will take Sir as the given-name and Michael as the
family-name.

-Ciaran McNulty