[uf-discuss] Canonical hCards (was: Search on CSS element)

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 23 12:27:39 PST 2007

On 1/23/07 10:22 AM, "David Janes" <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com> wrote:

> Continuing the tradition of riffing off other threads to talk about
> what's on my mind...
>
> On 1/23/07, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:
>>
>> It's not a full CSS selector based search engine, but http://
>> kitchen.technorati.com/contacts/search/tantek.
>>

> Wouldn't it be great if there was a well defined way of getting from
> _an_ instance of a hCard to the _best_ (or canonical) hCard for that
> person.
>
> Just saying; I know that some work has been done on this.

David Janes, you're right, we need to solve this problem.

I did some research on examples in the wild and possible approaches here:

<http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-brainstorming#hCard_to_hCard_relationshi
ps>

Please take a look and add your thoughts on the problem-space and/or
examples you have found in the wild for each type of "canonicalization"
(there are more than one).

Thanks,

Tantek