[uf-discuss] Canonical hCards (was: Search on CSS element)

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Tue Jan 23 15:51:34 PST 2007

On Jan 23, 2007, at 4:09 PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:

> Document Examples in the Wild first of people linking to their and
> others'
> hCards, and that will drive the scope of the solution.

Does this need to be limited to hCard?  I think identifying pointers
to a canonical source of data is a broader problem, as copying and
manipulating data between sites is a standard activity on the web.
Any search engine is full of links back to canonical sources.
Trackbacks are links back to canonical sources.  Bloggers quoting
each other typically link back to canonical sources.  Pingerati has
three links back to canonical sources of what could be abbreviated
hcards (fn only), and right under that is the same thing for events
and reviews.  Can we expand the types of examples we're looking at?

Peace,
Scott