[uf-discuss] A Hello! (And a new extension...)

andy at whymicroformats.com andy at whymicroformats.com
Thu Jan 25 07:15:24 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm a little late to the game, having not picked up on the specifics
of Microformats until the dConstruct '06 talk. Since then we (a small
group) have been toying with the possibility of a new browser
extension; and have recently made it a reality. We are a little guilty
of just getting our heads down & working, when maybe we should have
been participating a little here...

A tiny handful of people have seen the alpha version - and we're
presently desperately trying to fix the major issues. We'd really like
the community's feedback next; and I will make the beta-ready version
available within the week (you can have the alpha if you _really_ want
- but I do not recommend it! - just email me).

The tentative website for the extension, WebCards, is
http://webcards.whymicroformats.com (under a few articles I wrote -
and would also appreciate any critique of - at
http://www.whymicroformats.com).
As a very brief overview, it enables inline usage of Microformats
(click on it in a page to get more functionality) and to create them
for rapid deployment into blogs, forums, comments, etc.

Yours,
Andy

PS I've just got word that Sam Sethi, who was one of the few alpha
testers, has just posted an article with WebCards in it, at
http://www.vecosys.com/2007/01/25/if-the-question-is-why-microformats-then-the-answer-is-webcards/