[uf-discuss] XPN: Xhtml Professional Network - idea

Tara Hunt horsepigcow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 20:04:31 PST 2007

We actually started discussing what we were calling XBN back last
summer when we started Citizen Agency because of our own selfish
needs. ;)

LinkedIN is a good place to start thinking as well as applications
like Salesforce and Zoho and Omni. All of these are great business
applications that have very social elements.

We were thinking along the lines of:

Vendor (instead of service provider or consultant - kind of an
industry standard term for service or goods provider)
Client
Employee (denotes a hierarchy beyond coworker, for payroll)
Partner (external business partner)

with an optional:

Lead (changes to client when RFP is won, stays a lead indefinitely if
lost to maintain a contact)
Employer (for the employee to point back to a company to create a
validated bond, but could just be a one-way validation?)

But hadn't had much of a chance to work on it since we got really busy.

Tara

Sincerely,

Tara
tara 'miss rogue' hunt