[uf-discuss] Hidden metadata no microformats

Ted Drake tdrake at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Jul 2 15:26:33 PDT 2007

I've used some invisible data with micro formatting on Yahoo! pages.

Sometimes, you build a page a module at a time and you don't need to
visually repeat information in the microformatted module when it is present
elsewhere on the page. So, I use a class="microformatdetail"
.microformatdetail {display:none}.

So, the answer is that I'm not trying to hide the information, I'm just
trying to avoid visual repetition without having to resort to the proposed
include pattern.

Ted Drake
Yahoo! Tech, Finance, Food, Answers, and soon European Finance...