[uf-discuss] Re: Hidden metadata no microformats

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 03:50:43 PDT 2007

Andy Mabbett wrote:

> I've still seen no citation for any *prohibition* of hidden data in
> microformats...

I think it's probably best to say that hidden data is discouraged, and
when new microformats are being designed, they should be done so in a
manner that does not *rely* on hidden data.

When one finds oneself hiding data, one should ask oneself two questions:

	1. Would it be detrimental to show this information?
	2. If so, do I really need to include it at all?

Only when the answers to both questions are in the affirmative, is it then
wise to include hidden data.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.12-12mdksmp, up 22 days, 14:26.]

                          demiblog 0.2.0 Released
          http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2007/06/28/demiblog-0.2.0/