[uf-discuss] Mediawiki accesskey shortcut usage instructions

Paul Wilkins paul_wilkins at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jul 25 17:47:09 PDT 2007

From: "Andy Mabbett" <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk>
> Paul Wilkins <paul_wilkins at xtra.co.nz> writes
>>It could be a lot better if it said
>>"Accesskeys differ according to your browser." which links off to a page
>>that explains about Accesskeys, followed by "use ACCESSKEY S to save"
>
> It would be better still to say nothing. We don't say "move your mouse
> pointer here and press the button to go to the page about..."

When I'm tutoring people who are new to the mouse I do.
Because access keys are a new concept to some people, such instructions are
required somewhere. If nothing is said about them, then nobody will use
accesskeys.

There is some very good information around on how to display the access key
assignments.
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/accesskey.html

--
Paul Wilkins