[uf-discuss] birthday versus birthdate

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 16:21:08 PDT 2007

Hello Ray,

On 7/28/07, Ray Daly <raydaly at gmail.com> wrote:
> BDAY is described as birthday or birthdate (or date of birth), but I
> think there is a significant difference.
>
> I understand how to use BDAY as a birthdate (or date of birth) because
> you have a year of birth (eg 19 June 1951)
>
> But in my view birthday is only month and date because it repeats
> every year. And some people don't want to disclose their year of birth

Actually... AFAIK... your birthday and your date of birth are the same
thing.  (And they both have a year.)

What you are calling your "birthday" is short for "birthday anniversary".

Your "birthday anniversary" reoccurs every year on the same day and month.

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc. <http://ChangeLog.ca/>

                 Vlog Razor... Vlogging News