[uf-discuss] a question about concatenation and hAtom entry content

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Wed Jun 6 12:00:06 PDT 2007

On Jun 1, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Ryan King wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2007, at 10:59 AM, David Janes wrote:
>> I concur. Time to start ramping up for hAtom 0.2, if I can get some
>> blocks of free time.
>
> I'm more than willing to help. I have time to spend on it right
> now. I'll work on collecting issues to deal with.

Ok, FWIW, here's the already open issues I think we need to deal with
for hAtom 0.2. Even if this is all we do, I think it'd be a great
improvement:

1. http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom-issues#Feed_id_.28atom:id.29
2. http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom-issues#Feed_permalink_.
28atom:permalink.29
3. http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom-issues#Feed_updated_.
28atom:updated.29
4. http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom-issues#Entry_id_.28atom:id.29

All of these issues cover areas where hAtom is not expressive enough
to provide all the information necessary to generate a valid Atom
file. Robert Bachmann, et al, worked around these issues by adding
extensions to html2Atom.xsl. I've implemented some of extensions
myself and they seem to work pretty naturally (even without authors
even knowing about them!).

David, if you like, I can find some more test cases and/or examples
for each of these.

-ryan