[uf-discuss] Problem with VoteLinks?

Costello, Roger L. costello at mitre.org
Thu Jun 7 10:47:46 PDT 2007

The VoteLinks specification says that a VoteLink is used to (1)
indicate agreement or disagreement with the resource indicated by href,
and (2) the title attribute should be used to express a human-readable
commentary (i.e., a rationale) for the vote.

Brian and Ryan have shown that these two items of information are
better expressed using hReview.

Thus, it appears that VoteLinks is redundant at best, and in violation
of the Microformat principles at worst, i.e., it hides rationale
information - human information - in the title attribute.

Thoughts?

/Roger