[uf-discuss] geo in Firefox 3 (as: Microformats gets strong showing in Firefox 3 UI)

Mike Kaply microformats at kaply.com
Thu Jun 7 11:04:47 PDT 2007

The problem with geo is that it is horrible to show in a UI. The
microformat only specifies a lat/long (no title) and there is no
guarantee there is anything interesting to show in the UI.

For a typical end user, geo just doesn't make a lot of sense. It's a
"geek" feature.

You will be able to add geo support similar to how Operator works,
with a user script.

Mike