[uf-discuss] Problem with VoteLinks?

Costello, Roger L. costello at mitre.org
Thu Jun 7 12:20:27 PDT 2007

Hey Brian,

I interpreted the specification:

"Additional human-readable commentary can be added using the existing
'title' attribute, which most browsers show as a rollover."

To mean: provide a human-readable commentary on why you voted the way
you did.  In other words, the rationale for why you voted the way you
did.

Even your example is providing a rationale for why you voted against
the resource identified by the href:

<a rev="vote-against"
   title="nasty corn syrup drink"
   href="http://ragingcow.com" >Raging Cow</a>

Your rationale for voting against the resource is that you find it to
be nasty.

If, as you say, the value of the title attribute is nothing more than
an ordinary HTML type of value containing information about the
resource identified by href, then I think the sentence in the
specification (listed above) should be removed from the wiki (as the
title attribute has nothing to do with VoteLinks).

Which is correct:

1. The value of the title attribute is a human-readable commentary on
why you voted the way you did (i.e., the rationale).

  - OR -

2. The value of the title attribute is an ordinary HTML type of value
for providing some text about the resource being linked to (i.e., title
has nothing to do with VoteLinks).

/Roger