[uf-discuss] XFN for email addresses?

Guy Fraser gfraser at adaptavist.com
Wed Jun 13 04:57:16 PDT 2007

Chris Messina wrote:
> While I've resisted the temptation so far, it does seem that, in order
> to build a relevant and useful cross-social networking tool -- I need
> a way to use email addresses as well as URLs to identify people. In

> Therefore, this:

> should be as acceptable as this:

> And, on http://foo.com/buddy, this should be permissible:

IMHO, XFN defines the relationship to that person, not what sort of link
is being used. As the link type can be determined by looking at the URL
I would imagine that any software would take that in to account if
required.  All you are doing with XFN is saying, for example, "this
link/email/im is my friend/muse/etc".

Guy