[uf-discuss] Using org in vcard in haudio

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Thu Jun 14 15:28:29 PDT 2007

I'm cross-posting this to the -new list, as it might also be relevant
to the hAudio work happening on -new.

On Jun 14, 2007, at 10:48 AM, Michael Smethurst wrote:

> Just wondering why the example on:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-
> proposal#hAudio_Microformat_Draft_Sp
> ecification
>
> Has org on the vcard

> Is this just because Phish are a group rather than an individual?

Yes, Phish is a band, a type of organization.

> What should you do if you don't have the data to
> determine whether a "contact" is a group or an individual?

I think it depends on the context.  If it's just a generic contact
that you know nothing about, I'd say just use fn, as adding org is
potentially incorrect information.  But if you know it's a music act,
I think it makes sense to consider even an individual performer's
name to be an organization name in that context.  I'd say there's a
difference, for example, between Norah Jones the person, who would be
which would be <span class="fn org">Norah Jones</span>.

Peace,
Scott