[uf-discuss] Empty anchor tag-pairs and accessibility (was: Questionabout telephone numbers)

James Craig jcraig at apple.com
Wed Jun 20 19:48:10 PDT 2007

James Craig wrote:

> Paul Wilkins wrote:
>
>> From: "Andy Mabbett" <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk>
>>> I thought we'd decided that empty anchor tag-pairs were bad, from
>>> an accessibility PoV?
>>
>> Is the object tag to be used instead for the include pattern?
>
> The <object> include pattern has some performance problems, it
> would be best to use the anchor include pattern but include some
> text indicated the marker that was being included.

In my medicated stupor, I thought that made sense. Let me try it again.

The <object> include pattern has some performance problems (see
<http://microformats.org/wiki/include-pattern-feedback>), so it would
be best to use the anchor include pattern but include some link text
indicating the content that is being included. Such as: