[uf-discuss] "abbr" and accessibility - a work around.

Patrick H. Lauke redux at splintered.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 01:39:46 PDT 2007

Quoting Michael MD <mdagn at spraci.com>:

>> Why? Unless you are a geography geek there is not that much sense in
>> it. Geo becomes useful by conversion to something human
>> understandable, like a map or a named location. For print you could
>> just override the style in the print stylesheet.
>
> I can't see any harm in displaying it ....
> people might want to copy/paste it into some kind of mapping
> application, or compare it with output from a GPS device, etc

There's a lot of things a technically-minded users may *want* to do
with that sort data. I would posit, though, that the average user
(who, incidentally, also doesn't really like to read things like
YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.sTZD) doesn't, and is far better served with
functional buttons/links or Operator-like tools.

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/