[uf-discuss] microformats for normal people, like my mum

Alex Faaborg faaborg at mozilla.com
Thu Jun 28 03:10:35 PDT 2007

> Therefore, uFs don't need a user-facing name - their
> applications do.

Right, we need a general user facing way of describing microformat
detection, in order to describe the various applications (like Web
browsers, feed readers and extensions like Operator) that let the
user take actions on microformatted content.  For instance, this
description would finish the sentence "features of Firefox 3 include
support for offline Web applications, private browsing, blocking
malware, and __[user facing way of saying microformat detection]__"

...data detection?
...semantic browsing?
...data browsing?
...semantic data detection?
...semantic data browsing?
...semantic data navigating?

If Operator and Firefox 3 are in a category of uF enabled
applications, what should that category of applications be called?
Or another way of putting it:

Feed Readers :: RSS
______ :: microformats

-Alex