[uf-discuss] microformats for normal people, like my mum

Pelle W mejllistor at kodfabrik.se
Thu Jun 28 12:24:27 PDT 2007

Ryan King skrev:
> On Jun 28, 2007, at 6:13 AM, Frances Berriman wrote:
>> On 28/06/07, Thom Shannon <thom at ts0.com> wrote:
>>> Exactly! We need a brand and a website that introduces people to the
>>> concept, tells them where to get the plugins or the right browsers and
>>> possibly encourages them to put pressure on their web guys to implement
>>> them, "Want x's on your site? Then use Microformats"
>> I think better encouragement would come from putting energy into
>> creating tools, plug-ins, examples and tutorials for those people -
>> rather than trying to re-brand something that's already something else
>> re-branded.
> I couldn't agree more. I think this discussion is rather unproductive
> for this community. Just build the tools, design them well and get
> people to use them. If you never use the word 'microformat' in your
> application, that's fine. No harm, no foul, no need to build a new brand.
To use a cool name for this - do it web 2.0 - we as a relatively small
group of which I'm relatively new can't decide what people will call
this and FF3 perhaps shouldn't call it something. Everybody can choose
their own name and it will - by the power of web 2.0 which microformat
is very much a part of - become a good word in the end.
Probably none of us here is the right ones to decide something like this...

/ Pelle