[uf-discuss] Geo Elevation Data

Jon Clausen ezods.jjc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 19:57:07 PST 2007

I apologize if this has been been discussed before.  I browsed through
the wiki and the list archives and couldn't find any relevant threads
or pages.   So I joined the list to ask :-)

I'm developing an app that makes heavy use of geo-spatial data, both
lines and points.  I'd like to incorporate the geo microformat for
points, at minimum, however the coordinate data also includes the
z-index (elevation) as well.

My first question is whether elevation has been proposed as part of
the geo draft specification?  Adding the third dimension would seem
natural and would add additional precision when adopted.

My second question is whether or not, for line data, it is acceptable
to include multiple latitude and longitude classes, in sequence, which
make up the line in sequence or if there is a better way to do it?

Thanks,

- Jon

P.S. - Thanks for the great presentation at SXSW today, Tantek and
others who presented. It brought home for me some great possibilities
that I was missing!