[uf-discuss] Formatting arbitrary dates, not part of hCalendar

Benjamin West bewest at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 21:37:46 PST 2007

> > This is all relevant to existing specific-purpose date-time
> > properties,
[snip]
> > What exactly would we want
> > to do with a generic date apart from any specific context?
>
> Well, blog posts and articles online come to mind. They're normally
> dated, yet there's no convention that states that "this is how you
> should date an article".

Rather than debate, why don't we just ask Bob for more information
about what he's trying to do?
Bob: can you give us some more examples of what you'd like to do, not
just request a specific technique?

As far as periodicals, we already have hAtom
<http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom> which includes mandatory dates.
Blogs and articles, and other similar content, is can be marked up
using hatom.

As far as screen readers go: can anyone name some of the "more
popular" screen readers so we can involve the authors in the semantic
markup dialogue?

Thanks,
Ben