[uf-discuss] An Inconvenient hCard

Paul Wilkins pmw57 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Mar 19 12:11:17 PST 2007

Andy Mabbett wrote:
> Can you cite evidence that it's "currently accepted" for non-English
> content, as in the above example; or clarify those "sufficient grounds"
> for its use in such cases, please?

This would be the first defining instance of such a use.

If there are other currently accepted methods for providing non-english
content with machine readable information, they can be looked in to as well.

What methods are out there that provide an english term that means the
same as the non-english word or phrase?

All Ara wants is for his fax number to be accepted when the fax name is
spelled out in French instead of English.

What tools do we have to provide an english term for the parser to
understand?

How do we make the following understandable by the microformat system?

Tél: (514) 123-4567
Téléc: (514) 123-4568

--
   Paul Mark Wilkins