Fwd: [uf-discuss] Legal implications of using Microformats

Guy Fraser gfraser at adaptavist.com
Tue May 1 03:52:37 PDT 2007

Joe Andrieu wrote:
> My apologies to those who may be earnestly trying to come up with a viable solutions.  If you are out there, please give us a report
> on where things stand.

Our company has decided to avoid microformats.org like the plague for
now as we feel something fishy is going on. The
licensing/patenting/copyright/ownership issues are as blatant as the
attempts to brush discussions about them under the carpet. This thread
on the list would be an ideal place for such issues to be discussed and
cleared up, but as usual - silence. One has no choice but to assume the
worst. We also note that the requirement for all submissions to be fully
researched is a common requirement for patent application.

Guy