[uf-discuss] hyperlink include-pattern - keyboard issue

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Tue May 1 10:22:43 PDT 2007

On 5/1/07 9:47 AM, "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux at splintered.co.uk> wrote:

> It would therefore be advisable to
> rethink the approach,

Alternatives to the current include-pattern solutions, along with
comparisons with existing techniques, are encouraged.

> or scrap it completely.

Currently it is the best we have, and the benefits (being able to markup
content with shared chunks with microformats) greatly outweigh the costs.

Microformats tends to take a positive attitude of developing and using the
best techniques we can come up with, rather than banning/blocking techniques
for reasons of fear or cost.  To scrap something, there must be a better
alternative provided which addresses the same problem(s) at least as well,
with lower costs.

Tantek