[uf-discuss] human readable date parsing

Patrick H. Lauke redux at splintered.co.uk
Thu May 3 16:24:01 PDT 2007

Tantek Çelik wrote:

> 2. Keep both copies of the data at least somewhat visible to humans so that
> at least *some* human eyes/ears can easily inspect both copies and ensure
> that they have not diverged.

For the sake of argument, though: assuming that those human eyes/ears
use a microformat-consuming tool/extension/etc, this can still happen.
If I have a page with, say, contact details marked as a hcard, and human
users export it to Outlook,  they'll be able to see (and ensure) whether
or not the generated vcard details in the "add to address book" dialog
match the page's visible details or not.

After all, isn't that what microformats are there for? Being consumed by
"machines" that can make something useful with them?

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/