[uf-discuss] human readable date parsing

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri May 4 10:17:19 PDT 2007

In message <C2609E41.8D89F%tantek at cs.stanford.edu>, Tantek Çelik
<tantek at cs.stanford.edu> writes

>On 5/4/07 8:19 AM, "James Craig" <jcraig at apple.com> wrote:
>
>> I almost completely disagree with this. If people are actually
>> *using* Microformats as intended, there will be plenty of times when
>> the machine data will pass in front of the user (in their calendar
>> program for example)
>
>No the "in their calendar program" is totally insufficient because it
>is nearly completely detached from the other representation of the
>data.  In a separate window etc. etc.  People don't tend to switch
>between two windows to check to see if the info was the same.

Isn't the later point exactly the kind of theoretical assertion that you
complain about, when others use them? Or do you have some evidence to
support it?

It's certainly not my practice to save events to my calendar without
double-checking the details as I do so.

--
Andy Mabbett
            *  Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>