[uf-discuss] Yahoo introduces no-search microformat like function

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Fri May 4 17:46:02 PDT 2007

On 4 May 2007, at 22:19, Ted Drake wrote:

> What’s the traction for something like this and “no-follow” to get
> integrated into the microformat platform?

Well, robots-nocontent is not part of the the robots-exclusion draft,
which in itself has not been updated for over 18 months.

I contacted Priyank yesterday and he confirmed that Search have not
implemented any of the robots-exclusion draft itself, nor have they
implemented an opposite ‘robots-content’ class.

I will email him again to see if we can get a concise specification
of the indexing behaviour for robots-nocontent page sections so that
it can at least be documented. If Peter Janes is still active here or
if anyone else has an interest in picking up the robots-exclusion
spec then it will be up to them and their work within the process to
determine if the implementation can be documented as part of it.

It seems like as good a time to ask; does anyone in the community
still have an active interest in Robots-Exclusion? Are there any
implementations?

(Since I know disclosure is appreciated: If it's not already clear
from the communications documented in this message, I recently
started working for Yahoo! Europe. With relevance to this issue
though, I am not in any way involved in Yahoo! Search. In a more
general sense, at this time, none of my contributions to this list
are representative of Yahoo! and so on and so forth yada yada)

Regards,

Ben