[uf-discuss] Fwd: [whatwg] Predefined classes are gone

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Fri May 18 05:35:50 PDT 2007

Whohoo! This is great news.

This was one of most ill-conceived ideas I can imagine. Leaving class
values unfettered by the HTML spec is hugely important.

I imagine that the original concept is something of a hat tip to
microformats -- but avoids the process that we use as well as
circumvents the peer review of this community. It also seems dictated
by fiat as opposed to open discussion (but that's a minor point).

Anyway, I have it in mind to recreate some of the cooler HTML5 and
XHTML2 features with existing markup/techniques, so we'll see how far
we can get with the tech we already got.

Chris