[uf-discuss] Re: RFC: sHTML Video Thumbnailing

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Sun May 27 16:47:59 PDT 2007

Hello Benjamin,

On 5/27/07, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Intriguing. A few points:
>
> 1. About your CSS, neither border nor text-decoration remove the
> quotation punctuation added to q by browsers that attempt to follow the
> HTML specification for q. You'd want to use the quotes property:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/generate.html#quotes
>
> Since q is an inline element and blockquote is block, presumably
> sometimes you'd want to use blockquote instead.

You must have been typing this as I wrote my correction...

http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2007-May/009703.html

Originally, for some reason, I was thinking about the style I add to
the <abbr> element when I use it for dates.

> 2. Your examples should include proper alt text.

Good catch.  (You are correct.  It should have included it.)

> 3. I'd suggest using class="videothumbnail" instead of class="video",
> which could mean all sorts of things.

That's a good point about class-video.

See ya

--