[uf-discuss] microformats for dummies

Patrick Aljord patcito at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 15:20:27 PDT 2007

Hey all,

I was wondering how to explain microformats and what it brings to
people that have no knowledge of HTML and what html tags are. Normally
I would explain it as adding semantics  or ontologies to your html
tags. But I have to present microformats to a crowd that doesn't have
any knowledge of HTML or programing in general and don't know what a
HTML tag is in the first place.
I could talk about how adding "keywords" to webpages, invisible to the
human eye but visible to the "machine" so that it can help us
accomplish tasks and find data more quickly but that doesn't sound
very good.

If you have any ideas where I could start I would appreciate greatly.

thanx in advance

Pat