[uf-discuss] Microformats and Firefox 3

André Luís andr3.pt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 05:19:44 PDT 2007

Hello everyone.

Great work thus far.. just want to drop my 2cents.

1) I don't think Dimitri's text was very clear on this aspect in
particular, but I believe it would improve the UXP and still give
control to the publisher.

Why not mixing the suggestion of dimitry (which seems like a very
well-thought solution) with the CSS one:

- when the user hovers on the margin-mark, the user-agent should
'target' to the (root?) element (like what's done with the #anchor in
urls) and that would allow the publishers to specify the
looks/highlight accordingly. Like:

.vcard:target {
border:1px solid red;
}

or even
.vcard:target .actions{
visibility: visible;
}

(without constraining the publisher to a specific class name or element)

2) Also, should there be only ONE way of displaying uf content? or
should the user have an option? I believe the operator's default way
(toolbar) is also pretty darn good and should not be ignored or would
it go against/collide with the work Michael has been doing?

Cheers,
André Luís