[uf-discuss] Re: Need for plain-language intros for each microformat

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 12:18:46 PDT 2007

Tantek =?ISO-8859-1?B?xw==?=elik wrote:

> Syntactically the URI would still work, however, semantically it would have
> been broken, that is, it is bad to not only change URIs so that they 404 and
> just plain don't work, but it is also bad to change the *meaning* of that
> URI.

As long as there is a clear link to the specification from the
explanation, then I disagree that it's really changed the meaning
of the link target.

If I were to add a link today like:

	>hCard specification</a> for more information.</p>

and tomorrow that page were replaced by an introductory page, I doubt I'd
want to change the link. People visiting my page could still click on the
link and would find the specification, albeit indirectly.

The real danger is with #fragment identifiers. :-(

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.12-12mdksmp, up 1 day, 7:59.]

                             TrivialEncoder/0.2
         http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2007/08/19/trivial-encoder/