[uf-discuss] Correct way to use the "key" property of hCard

Tom Morris bbtommorris at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 16:53:24 PDT 2007

On 9/17/07, Scott Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com> wrote:
> That would leave you with something like this:

> is <a
> href="http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?
> op=vindex&amp;search=0x1F140E17"><abbr class="value"
> title="mQGiBEak6cERBACprpDLma8wOmXPtE6I1uT4bIujPDYcAGR601BtWWECpB4rFQgn
[snip]

I just ran this style through X2V and gotten back:
KEY:;ENCODING=b:A6A4F54E

I already have a link on my blog to my GPG key, so I tried this:
<li class="key">
[visible link]
</li>
X2V generated this:
KEY:;TYPE=pgp;ENCODING=b:A6A4F54E

Then I looked at the vCard specification, which has an example with
the full key inside, so expanded the content out:
<li class="key">
[full key snipped]
[visible link]
</li>

It should now parse properly. Dunno whether I will keep it. The page
load of it seems an undue burden, especially for mobile users. A link
seems more appropriate, especially as I don't see any tools that use
PGP/GPG-in-vCard. Do they exist?

It seems easier just link to your public key with rel=me!

--
Tom Morris
http://tommorris.org/