[uf-discuss] rel-tag on delicious

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 02:10:29 PDT 2007

> Does anybody know why delicious isn't microformatted?  I can only guess, either yahoo is starving the site, or they are against the concept.  It sticks out like a sore thumb in my weblife...on occasion when demonstrating Operator to friends I go to delicious assuming they have some, alwasy forgetting because it seems like a perfect site to host MF's.

I can ask, but how is a social bookmarking site a perfect example to
host MFs? Surely the idea is that instead of keeping local copies
(which you'd do if you export microformats) you keep all of them in a
central online repository to maintain them.

As to Yahoo starving the site, I don't even know what you mean by
that. At least our team's commitment to microformats is total and we
added them to Yahoo local about a year before Google Maps got them
(and people here went nuts about it) and also to TV and several other
properties. Another property will go live soon and will probably be
the bigges MF repository out there as the team used almost all in the
list.

Another question that keep propping up in my head is WHY would you ask
a third party list when you wonder about a certain product and their
implementations and support issues? There is a full list of contacts
available: http://del.icio.us/help/team