[uf-discuss] hCalendar duration problem.

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Sep 25 04:55:32 PDT 2007

In message <086958CC-3EF3-40C7-B210-3965A92D0576 at technorati.com>, Ryan
King <ryan at technorati.com> writes

>On Sep 24, 2007, at 4:14 PM, Andy Mabbett wrote:
>

>> The first hCalendar on:
>>
>>         <http://www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/diary/2008/03.htm>
>>
>> for "The Outdoors Show", has a duration of "P3D", which is detected by
>> operator, but does not appear in the exported event, in any of the
>> several parsers I've tried.
>
>Which parsers, in particular?

None of the many I tried exported (or in some cases, found) it,
including:

        Operator
        Tails
        Tails export    (had "duration" in exported code, but with no
                        value)
        AUM Parser

On further testing, X2V (both when used directly, and when used via
Operator) finds and exports it.

Optimus' XML facility is currently giving an error.

>> Is it my mark-up at fault, or is there some other problem?
>
>It's likely that parsers don't support duration.

Why not - or, perhaps more importantly, why is it in the spec?

--
Andy Mabbett