[uf-discuss] hCardMapper v0.96

Gordon gordon at onlinehome.de
Tue Apr 1 03:09:08 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

I have released a new version of the hCardMapper script.
The hCardMapper now has much better support for Json returned by
Optimus, ufXtract and hKit parsers.
Demo (with mofo parser) and download at
http://lib.omnia-computing.de/hcardmapper
Thanks to everyone who sent feedback to me, especially to Matthias
Pfefferle, who made the script into a Wordpress plugin, which can be
found at http://svn.wp-plugins.org/hcard-commenting/branches/

Unfortunately, all Microformat parsers yield different results when it
comes to representing hCards in Json. None follows the jCard standard
suggested at http://microjson.org/wiki/JCard. This makes mapping the
Json onto the form fields much more difficult than it could be and
bloats the script. I was wondering if there is currently any effort to
further standardize the representation of Microformats in Json and to
have Microformat parsers implement them. Can anyone give me a clue about
this please?

Thanks and Cheers, Gordon