[uf-discuss] Include-Pattern Infinite Loop Open Issue

Jason Karns jason.karns at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 07:02:01 PDT 2008

>  There are still issues of one include including another include which
> references the first include, but yes, preventing the inclusion of an
> ancestor node does go a long way to a solution.

Once one replaces an include element with the referenced subtree, then
any include in that subtree would be referencing an ancestor if it was
referencing the original include.

The following illustrates your case:

    <a class="include" href="#child"/>
    <a class="include" href="#root"/>

But once the include replacement is done, the tree looks like this:

        <a class="include" href="#root"/>
        <a class="include" href="#child"/>

At this point, we have reached a stable point and the remaining
includes are ignored because they reference ancestors.

I suppose if this discussion goes any further it should be moved to
the -dev list.

~Jason