[uf-discuss] hcard: additional additional names
Michael.Smethurst at bbc.co.uk
Wed Aug 13 02:33:39 PDT 2008
I'm currently working with a database that has a table of composers. The
data's quite granular and gives:
- personal title (can be sir or just mr, ms, etc)
- first name
- last_name_prefix (von, de los, van der)
So my questions are:
1. can I just use <span class="additional-name">middle_name_1 middle_name_2
The closest thing I've seen is the andrew andrew example here:
Or should I use:
As suggested here:
<snip>additional-name's (as found in document order)</snip>
2. is it ok to use plain old mr and ms in honorific-prefix. It's not very
Suggests that's fine
3. Should I just collapse last_name_prefix and last_name into:
<span class="family-name">last_name_prefix last_name</span>
There doesn't seem to be a way of marking up last_name_prefix separately
Thanks for your help
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.
More information about the microformats-discuss