[uf-discuss] Potential for Microformats.org to work with W3C andRDFa Task Force

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Thu Aug 28 16:05:42 PDT 2008

On [Aug 28], at [ Aug 28] 4:23 , Tantek Celik wrote:

> I would be very concerned that the microformats principles would be
> compromised by any such efforts as Manu suggests, and efficiency of
> parsing/parsers and other points listed are not worth compromising
> the principles.

That, or we'd compromise RDFa.  As the two efforts have somewhat
divergent priorities, I don't see how we could combine them without
compromising on one side or both.  Improving translation between the
two, however, seems likely to provide many of the same benefits
without the drawbacks.

Peace,
Scott