[uf-discuss] Re: Hypermedia Podcast (hCast)

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Mon Dec 29 03:06:40 PST 2008

Hello again

Just Informing you all of an update to hCast...

There is a new web service that extracts RSS2 from hAtom available at
http://transformr.co.uk/mrss/http://your.url/

The web service will extract RSS2 in three ways

* hAtom to RSS2
* hAtom + rel-enclosure to RSS2 with Enclosures (a podcast)
* hAtom + media-info to RSS2 with enclosures and MRSS extensions

If you are just using hAtom + rel-enclosure the only required element of
enclosure is a type specifier, optionally you may also add a
length(size) in bites example:

 <a rel="enclosure" type="video/mp4;length=18454938"
href="http://www.viddler.com/explore/factoryjoe/videos/2.m4v">Original</a>

Best Wishes

--
Martin McEvoy

http://weborganics.co.uk/

"You may find it hard to swallow the notion that anything as large and apparently inanimate as the Earth is alive."
Dr. James Lovelock, The Ages of Gaia